Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

Doula Services

As Blissful Herbs has grown and flourished, I have found my life full and busy with attending births, birth activism, continuing study, my brand new website www.blissfulherbs.com.au, herbal consultations and of course - looking after my own beautiful family! My 4 are now aged 12 to 24 and their lives are as busy and active as mine (mad, noisy household, come and visit).

Lately, I am available only to attend homebirths within an hour's drive of my home in Warburton. So if you are planning a local-area homebirth, please do contact me.

If you are seeking birth support further afield, for your planned home, birth centre or hospital birth, please scroll down the right-hand side column to find "Seeking a Midwife" and "Seeking a Doula". These private midwives and doulas are wonderful women who are an asset to your birth team. I suggest you chat with several and choose the person you feel most comfortable with.

Please feel free to email  or phone me if you are having any problems finding someone to support you through your pregnancy, birth and post-natal time. I have an email list of midwives and doulas who I recommend and who are available to take clients.

I would also like to introduce to you my fabulous new website:

Blissful Herbs - Julie Bell - Wisewoman Doula - Wildheart Herbalist

This is a range of herbal bath sachets and herbal teas to add nurture and specialness to every phase of a woman's life cycle, from menarche to the child-bearing years to menopause. There's something to add care and nurture to every member of the family.

The Post Natal Bliss bath herbs are especially awesome, I used them myself after Rory's birth, they speed the healing, feel so good and smell divine.





Please come and browse!



Also on this site are all kinds of articles and links to inform and support your child-bearing journey, which are free for you to access, print out, and share.

You can find me on Facebook here and here

And on Instagram at blissful.herbs

Details about my doula services here

What does a doula actually do?

Here one of my clients answers the question