Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

How Do I Find a Midwife?

We have some fantastic, experienced midwives attending homebirths in Victoria.

I have attended births with several of the following Midwives and warmly recommend them.

As with any careprovider, be it a doula, PA, Midwife, or nanny, it is important to be a canny consumer, conduct an interview in which you ask all the 'hard' questions, and trust your gut - go with the person you feel that 'click' with, the person you feel comfortable with.

Belinda Henkel, Mobile Midwife PH: 0430 017 607

Helen, Amy, Veronica and Janie: Eastside Midwives PH: 0425770316

Clare & Nic Midwives - based in Mitcham & Bayswater

The Birth House in Geelong

Juliana Brennan, Mamatoto midwives

Birth in the West - serving the Western suburbs of Melbourne

MAMA - Midwives & Mothers, Melbourne.

South Gippsland: Embracing Birth
Amanda:  embracingbirthvictoria@yahoo.com.au

My Midwives, Melbourne North

Samantha Rouse, Homebirth Midwife: 0434 497 458

Mary O'Carroll, Local Midwife, inner Northern suburbs of Melbourne


Louise Patterson, Community Midwifery Services, South East Melbourne and Peninsula

To find a midwife a midwife in other parts of Australia, try here:

Midwives Australia

No comments: