Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

Home Waterbirth in Berwick

Here is a story about a couple who had their baby at home that made it into the local paper!

A BERWICK couple are celebrating the safe arrival of baby Evie after a unique home birth last Friday morning.

Roanna and Daniel Gray had planned a rare home water birth for their newborn nine-pound baby, who was delivered at 6.26am.

Mrs Gray, 27, was in labour for four hours and spent one and a half of those hours in an inflatable blow-up pool in the family home.

“It was a relaxing feeling and not at all painful,” she said.

Mrs Gray said she decided to have a natural, drug free home birth so she could be in a relaxed environment.

“The water kept me calm,” she said.

“We had the music going and it helped me get into the zone.”

Surrounded by her husband and Narre Warren South midwife Andre Bilcliff, Ms Gray said she was flooded with emotion as she reached down to pull her baby out of the water.

“It was an amazing feeling. Words can’t describe it,” she said.


Andrea Bilcliff is one of our lovely homebirth midwives here in Victoria. I have previously attended births with Andrea, as doula. You can contact Andrea here.

No comments: