Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

Inspiration for Birth

Here are some inspiring thoughts, poems, art, and stories about birth.

The Spiralling Concept



Imagine from the Trust Birth Initiative

Conscious Birth Affirmations
This is an on-line presentation of birth affirmations.

Read this beautiful description of normal birth.

Two births - these are poems depicting what it is like to be born - in a hospital in the 1960's and at home in recent times.

A Prayer for a Mother - this was penned by Leunig in his book, "When I Talk to You - A Cartoonist Talks to God." It is simple and profound - I was deeply touched, and impressed, when I opened Leunig's warm-hearted and lovely book, and found this.

Orgasmic Birth. What would happen if women were taught to enjoy birth rather than fear it?

Dr Seuss on birth - a fun poem in the style of Dr Seuss!

Positive Birthing Affirmations from We The Parents


Positive Birthing Affirmations (Printable Poster)

Positive Birthing Affirmations (Printable Poster)
WeTheParents.org

If you would like to print out these affirmations (free) follow this link

No comments: