Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

Melbourne Doula Services

Initial Visit:

This is your chance for you to interview me and ask any questions, and for us to get to know each other.

FREE if you travel to me.

$100.00 if I travel to you.

$50 via Zoom or Facebook Messenger

This is deducted from the total fee if you elect to engage me as your Doula. 

 


Deluxe Birth Package $2000.00

* Labour and Birth Support plus 4 pre and post natal visits 

* Herbalist Consultation (worth $85.00)

 * Blissful Herbs products for your pregnancy, birth & babymoon to the value of $100.00

 * Use of Birth Pool in a Box Professional birth pool, including new liner, worth $100.00

 * Post Natal Bliss bath ceremony, prepared with herbs, flowers, candles, music and your baby brought to you in the bath

 * Post-natal nourishing meal

 * Post-natal berry & placenta smoothie

 * Care of the placenta to your requirements (not including encapsulation).


And now for my amazing discounts!

Earlybird discount:
$100.00 discount if you are able to pay in full prior to the birth.
Please chat to me about payment plans.

Homebirth discount: 
$100.00 discount if planning a homebirth, as I am aware you will also be paying for midwifery.

Local Area discount:
$100.00 discount if you live within 30 km of Warburton.

Repeat Customer discount:
$100.00 discount if I have previously served as your doula.

(This means that if you live near me, it's your second birth with me, you're having a homebirth, and you are able to complete payment prior to the birth, you could potentially save $400.00 off the total cost!)

 

My Birth Support Package includes:

* Unlimited phone and email contact

* I am on call 24/7 from 37 weeks until your baby is born

* Use of my extensive lending library (DVDs, books, articles, The Pink Kit)

* Birth ball & birth mat loan

* Birth pool hire - Birth Pool in a Box Professional. Includes new liner, hose, tap attachments, pumps etc.

* Breastfeeding support, information and resources

* Parenting support, information and resources

* Birth story notes

* Care of the placenta as per your instructions for freezing, tincture, encapsulation, Lotus Birth etc



 


Doula "Vacation"

If you live up-country, my preference is to come to your neck of the woods and hang out when you think you are getting early signs of labour commencing. I will then stay in the vicinity and wait until you call on me to come to attend you in birth. I would then sleep over, and provide a day of post natal care afterwards.

The cost for this service stays the same: $2000, and covers the cost of my petrol within Victoria.

I would appreciate you helping me out with accommodation - a spare room at yours or at a friend's house nearby is perfectly fine.

If I need to travel via plane or PT, these costs would need to be covered by the birthing family.

I live in Warburton 3799, and have gone on "doula vacation" trips to support birthing families in Bendigo, Warragul, Ballarat, Shepparton, Daylesford, Wangaratta and Gippsland, so far!



If you think having a Doula will be a helpful addition to your birth team, I would be delighted to hear from you.

Please email me at melbournedoula@bigpond.com

 









That indescribable moment.

 

No comments: