Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

All the Baby Mamas ....

Oh this is just too funny. Here's a song put to good use with a great message. Often times you see little 'uns in their prams screaming blue murder in the shops, and the mothers looking stressed hoping they'll go to sleep. Taking a sling with you is a great tip! Happy baby - in pram. Lonely baby - in sling. William & Martha Sears talk about '9 months in the womb - 9 months out' in terms of baby-wearing. It sure made the early months of parenting easier (and cuddlier) for us.

I didn't do in high heeled shoes and lycra, though .....

I'll never be able to sing the original lyrics again!



Baby wearing is great for dads, too. I can't wait for the sequel ... "All the Baby Papas" ...

2 comments:

wakeful dreamer said...

Did you mean to say "Happy baby in pram, lonely baby in sling" or the other way around?

Great blog!

treebytheriver said...

It's a case of the homicidal panda, I think - 'eats, shoots and leaves'. What I meant to say is so long as bub is content, she can go in her pram but if she gets lonely and needs to be closer, you can pop her in the sling and she'll soon be happy again. By that I mean, I wouldn't put my babies in the pram unless they were content to be there. Hope that helps! Thanks for your comment.