Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

Lullaby Bliss tea



The Lullaby Bliss tea is a lovely blend of calming herbs to help with the settling of young children, to help them drift off to a sound sleep. This gentle blend is so soothing for small bodies, tummies and minds. This tea may also be used by pregnant and breastfeeding women, and a baby may receive the calming and anti-colic effects via the mother’s milk.

How to use:
For best potency, use a glass jug or ceramic pot, and avoid metal implements. Pour hot water over 1 tbsp of herbs and steep for about 5 minutes. Serve at a suitable swallowing temperature for your child. This tea might have a slightly bitter flavour for young ones, due to the Valerian, Hops and a few of the herbs. They are very effective - but of all the herbs, they don't have the sweetest taste. So, a natural sweetener such as manuka honey can be added, along with a twist of lemon, if desired. (Do not use honey for children under 12 months – try maple syrup or stevia instead. ) For children under 5, give no more than half a cup. For toddlers, only a spoonful or two is needed. For babies, place a handful of dry herbs into the muslin bath bag , and use as a bath sachet. (This works best in a small baby bath or basin rather than a full-sized adult bath.)



The Lullaby Bliss tea contains:

Chamomile – a mild sleep aid for children, used by Peter Rabbit’s mother! Also helpful for teething babies, colic, tummy aches and ear aches.
 

Lavender – improves sleep by promoting relaxation and calming the nervous system.


Lemon Balm – induces sleep in adults and children. One study showed that Lemon Balm combined with Valerian reduced restlessness in children under the age of 12.
 

Oat Straw – a calming herb which nourishes the nervous system, it is especially helpful for over-tired children.


Passionflower – helps restlessness, irritability & difficulty sleeping. Passionflower is another herb children can drink to aid in sleeping. Soothes anxiety & insomnia.


Skullcap – a relaxing nerve tonic helpful for insomnia.


Thyme – reduces tension and relieves sleeplessness.

Note: This information is of a general nature and does not constitute medical advice. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any condition. Any medical condition should be referred to your health care practitioner. Check with your health care practitioner before commencing to use any herbal preparation. If sleep disorders persist, seek professional help and support.


Cost:
50g = $8.50 (half packet)
60g = $10.00 (2/3 packet)
75g = $13.00
100g = $16.00 (full packet)
150g = $23.50 (large packet)
200g = $30.00 (two packets)
muslin bath bag $1.50/small or $2.00/large

plus packaging & postage which is $8.00 up to 500g, Australia-wide.

To Order:
Email blissfulherbs@bigpond.com and provide a postal address for delivery.





*NEW* we now have a beautiful sleep-promoting balm called the Sleepytime Balm. It contains natural organic oils infused with Lavender, Lemon Balm, Valerian & Hops, essentials oils of Lavender, Bergamot and Vetiver; and beeswax. Rub this balm on temples, wrists and chests of adults, or on the soles of the feet of children, to support sleep.

And we have the Saving Grace Bedtime Cordial which contains Hops, Chastetree Berries, Crampbark, Valerian Root and Elderberries, sweetened with natural honey. It's a pleasing taste, a bit like Ribena, and can be taken off the spoon or in a little water. You can even make jelly or icypoles from it! This cordial is suitable for children aged 3 and up.


5 comments:

Kirsten said...

I've been drinking Sleepytime Bliss tea for a few months, after suffering from insomnia for many years and not being able to find effective relief.

The more I drink it, the better my sleep gets. I fall asleep quicker, and can get back to sleep quicker after a middle of the night interruption. I'm at the point where I can miss a night or two & my sleep isn't affected, just amazing :). I've actually found it more effective to go to bed as soon as possible after drinking it, rather than waiting half an hour as per your instructions - I get changed into pyjamas, go to the toilet, etc, whilst waiting for the tea to brew. It's so wonderful to have finally found something that actually works, and keeps on working. It feels like my body is learning to sleep again. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Night #1 Lulabye Tea, Omg Winner!!! This tea was sooo yummy with a little bit of honey. The feeling I experienced after drinking it was one I likened to going to bed after a long hot shower, peacefully refreshed! And best of all I actually slept! Huge thanks Julie!!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Received my teas a few days ago. Perfect!!
Been helping bub and I to sleep better and has also cleared up my itchy skin by using the Lullaby bath sachet. Will be buying more when i run low. Ebony

Anonymous said...

I have purchased from Julie a few times now & she is always a pleasure to deal with. My most recent order I placed on Thursday evening & it arrived on my doorstep this morning.
Looking forward to using my tea & testing out the Sleepytime Balm on my daughter tonight. I've used the soothing salve before & absolutely love it so glad to have some more on hand.
Look forward to purchasing more teas in the future. Mell.

Anonymous said...

I have now had Saving Grace cordial for a week and it's been amazing the results I now have my sanity back, happier boys and now experimenting putting the cordial in jelly. We have had a lot of stress in our life and our children picked up on it we also moved and all children started kindy and school, so much going on but unsettled children and they barely slept. I knew my kids love the Elderberry Cordial for colds and flu that Julie makes, so I turned to Julie and asked if she could come up with a cordial that would help them sleep. First night, they slept early I was stunned and the Sleepytime Balm was used too. Next night they settled even earlier - they are now sleep in bed by 7:30 pm - a huge improvement instead of 2 am!!! Thank you so much Julie for your wisdom and the Saving Grace cordial and Sleepytime Balm. I have 2 special needs children and one mainstream at home. This is one of those success stories that have saved my grace, it is a must try. Simone.