Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

The Carys Blend

This is a special herbal blend made with a lot of love, in the memory of a precious baby girl who was born still. "Carys' is the Welsh word for love and this tea is named in her memory. May it bring some small comfort to other parents who have lost a little one too soon. It contains herbs to nourish the nervous system, balance the hormones after a miscarriage or stillbirth, and provide nourishment to support grief and the healing process of body, mind and spirit.

75g The Carys Blend, $13.00
Image by Angela Gallo
The Carys Blend contains:

Lavender - the herb of comfort, to soothe physical and mental pain, to support grief

Lemon Balm - a balm for the soul, this herb calms the nervous system and supports the grieving process


Motherwort - tones and heals the uterus, soothes the nervous system and balances the female hormones

Nettle - the woman's strengthening tonic, to nourish her whole body and build up the blood. Particularly helpful where there has been significant blood loss.

Passionflower - a gentle sedative to lend balance and restore calm

Red Raspberry Leaf - tones and nourishes the womb, a woman's tonic rich in nutrients for healing and recovery

Red Clover - a tonic rich in Iron, to build up the blood and balance female hormones

Cost:
50g - $8.50 (half packet)
60g - $10.00 (2/3 packet)
100g - $16.00 (full packet)
200g - $30.00 (two packets)

We estimate 2g per cup of tea. Most people like to drink 1-3 cups of tea per day.

To order, email Julie at blissfulherbs@bigpond.com with a postal address for delivery.

Other products that may be suitable:

Pregnancy Loss solace tea

Rest & Heal bath herbs

50g Rest & Heal herbs in muslin bath bag. $10.00
Non-metallic tea making accessories, suitable for use with delicate herbal teas

Article: Healing after pregnancy loss

Disclaimer: This information is of a general informational nature and does not constitute medical advice. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any health condition. Any health condition should be referred to your chosen health care practitioner. Check with your health care practitioner before commencing to use any herbal tea, and be aware of any personal and family allergies.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I contacted Julie after 2 miscarriages, her kindness and knoweledge was amazing. I took her advice and drank Pregnancy Loss Solace religiously. I am so happy to report that I am 18 weeks pregnant and just ordered Pregnancy Bliss tea :) Thank you from the bottom of my heart Julie!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for the Carys Blend tea, it has brought me great comfort and I feel much more settled and nurtured after drinking it. I have yet to try the Rest and Heal Bath sachets but I know it will bring me as much comfort as the tea has.
Devastating though this loss is for me and my family, I am infinitely touched and grateful to people like you for reaching out with such caring gestures. It has made me feel supported and less alone through this incredible heartbreak. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I heard about your teas as a friend sent me some Pregnancy Loss Solace tea when I had a miscarriage. I just wanted to let you know how lovely and helpful it was to receive something that directly acknowledged and supported my grief.