Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

Birthing Bliss tea

This herbal blend is a wonderful tea to sip in the lead up to labour and during labour. If you are having days of pre-labour and wondering when the real thing is going to kick in, this tea will be a comforting, nurturing drink during your days of patience. During labour, it supports effective contractions and provides warm hydration. With a spoonful of Manuka honey it will help keep your energy up. It contains herbs known to nourish and tone the uterus, support the hormonal system and provide calming and relaxation. It contains 'birthing aid' herbs known for stimulating the uterus. It is based on herbalist Nan Koehler's birthing tea recipe, which I drank myself for all 4 of my births.

25g Birthing Bliss tea, $5.00

The Birthing Bliss tea contains:

Basil - rich in GLAs which support the production of prostaglandins; soothes spasms

Lady's Mantle -a hormone balancing herb with calming effects

Lavender - calms and centres; provides pain relief

Motherwort - a 'birthing aid' herb - a uterine stimulant which supports relaxation, effective contractions and cervical dilation

Nettle - rich in nutrients, including iron, zinc, magnesium and Vitamin K. It eally is the ultimate woman's herb.

Nutmeg - a calming herb which supports relaxation

Peppermint - works synergistically with Red Raspberry Leaf and Nettle, supporting the absoprtion of nutrients. A positive stimulant for the mind.

Red Clover - rich in many nutrients; supports the optimal release of hormones

Red Raspberry Leaf - rich in many nutrients; tones and nourishes the uterine muscles

To get the full therapeutic benefit of herbal teas, avoid metal implements which may kill off fragile nutrients. Blissful Herbs stocks bamboo strainers and spoons; and muslin tea-bags for our customers. You can brew the whole amount of tea in early labour, and sip on this hot, warm or cold during labour. If you prefer your tea hot, use a smaller amount and make a fresh pot each time. Lemon and honey can be added for taste. Manuka honey is ideal to have with the Birthing Bliss tea as it will give the hard working mama a boost of energy.

Preparing Birthing Bliss tea in early labour
Cost:
15g - $3.50 - in four 6 x 8 cm single use drawstring teabags.
25g - $5.00 - loose leaf
50g - $8.50  - loose leaf 
60g = $10.00 - loose leaf
100g - $16.00 - loose leaf

Birthworker packs of this tea are available. The pack contains 6 x 30g Birthing Bliss packets, individually packaged for your clients, with info sheets included, for $25.00

Plus postage of $8.00 up to 500g gross, Australia-wide

To Order:
Email blissfulherbs@bigpond.com with your postal address.

15g Birthing Bliss tea in individual paper-filter tea bags = $3.50
Image by Little Browns Photography

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
treebytheriver said...

I just got back form another long, exhausting birth. All the way through, I was giving my client your labour tea. The midwives were very impressed with your tea and my client loved it!
- Jess

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say a huge THANKYOU for your incredible birthing teas.... After spending the final month of my pregnancy drinking your Birth Vibes tea, followed by drinking at least 2L of your Blissful Birth tea the day my waters broke (thanks to my incredible doula Jess for hooking me up with my Blissful Herbs :), my little man came (literally) flying into the world in 4hrs.... Coincidence?? I think not! - Eddie

Anonymous said...

I have been drinking your Birthing Bliss tea every day since I received it. I am pleased to report that I had a wonderful HBA2C - my daughter was born into water after only 12 hours of labour. My last labour was four days of irregular but intense back labour, so in my mind this is an amazing difference! This time my contractions were more effective, and I was really in the zone from the beginning. from Erin

Anonymous said...

I loved your teas when I was pregnant and I swear the Birthing Bliss was part of the reason I went into labour a few days early, had a natural birth and only a 7 hr labour which I hear is pretty short for first time mums! - Sabeena

Anonymous said...

I had a homebirth with midwife Hazel Keedle in NSW in November,throughout my labour I sipped on your divine Birthing Bliss tea and continued drinking the After Birth Bliss & Babymoon Bliss teas after labour and even now. The blends are so yummy and soothing and throughout labour - they were heaven sent! Lielah.

Anonymous said...

O my gosh , I just received my tea and i have never been so excited to drink tea! Thank you so much, everything looks so beautiful and i have the tea packed in my hospital bag. Jayde

Anonymous said...

I was introduced to Blissful Herbs from my birth doula and am eternally grateful! Besides the fantastic service and super fast delivery, I really believe that it is because of Julie's herbs and balms that I had a fast drug free labour at 38 weeks with no tearing or strong afterpains. Labour was only 2.5 hours with super strong contractions which facilitated a quick birth. My blood loss postpartum is also significantly less than most - all the midwives were super impressed and even loved the cord tie as well which they said they have never seen! Thanks Julie and will surely order from you soon again. Lieveke

Anonymous said...

Your Blissful Herbs are very special and the your healing, supportive and nurturing energy flows through them. Full of love. I appreciate your support as a midwife sharing the love with me and the women I share the journey of pregnancy, birth and postpartum with. Emma