Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

Babymoon Bliss postpartum tea


Alone or together with the Post Natal Bliss healing bath herbs, this tea is a way to give some love and care to a new mother, and gently remind her to take good care of herself. The Babymoon Bliss tea is an ideal tea for the postpartum healing period, with richly nutritious tonic herbs, gentle sedatives to calm and nourish the nervous system and help the mother rest and recover her strength, and herbs to balance the hormones and ensure a plentiful milk supply.

2-3 grams of herbs, about a teaspoonful, makes a perfect cup of tea. Add water that has just come to the boil and use non-metallic implements. Let the tea steep for about 10 minutes. Serve warm to the mother, perhaps with a twist of lime or lemon or a dab of natural honey if she desires.


The Babymoon Bliss tea contains:

Alfalfa - one of Nature's most nutritious herbs, it also balances the hormones, and helps the mother to revive her strength.

Cinnamon - this warming, comforting herb gently stimulates the uterus to heal and soothes away anxiety and stress

Lady's Mantle -  a uterine tonic which staunches bleeding, heals the placental site, relieves afterpains and has mild pain-relieving properties. It also balances the hormones.

Motherwort - a uterine tonic which relieves postpartum cramping and afterpains and also has soothing effects to alleviate anxiety.

Nettle - the perfect post-natal herb, richly nutritious and a wonderful general tonic, especially after heavy blood loss. Excellent for a new mother who is feeling exhausted and overwhelmed.

Red Raspberry Leaf -  a richly nutritious herb which tones the uterus muscle and promotes healing and balance

Red Raspberry Leaf
Skullcap - has gentle sedative properties which nourish the nervous system. Helpful when a new mother has a lot on her mind and may be overstimulated and 'wired', perhaps so tired that she can't 'wind down'. This will help her calm down and find her centre, and be able to sleep.

Vervain - truly a mother's friend, this nervine nourishes the nervous system. Along with Skullcap it is ideal for soothing away any 'baby blues' and supporting rest and calm. It also encourages a plentiful milk supply.


Disclaimer: This information is of a general informational nature and does not constitute medical advice. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any health condition. Any health condition should be referred to your chosen health care practitioner. Check with your health care practitioner before commencing to use any herbal tea, and be aware of any personal and family allergies.

Cost:

25g = $5.00

50g = $8.50

60g = 10.00

100g = $16.00

Birth Worker Bulk Pack = 6 x 25g packets, with instructions enclosed = $28.00

And don't forget, Blissful Herbs offers a 10% birthworker discount to midwives, doulas, CBEs and birth photographers (and yes, of course, obstetricians too) wishing to buy products for their clients.

Plus postage of $8.00 up to 500g gross, Australia-wide.

Babymoon Bliss tea, 60g

A perfect gift for the new mother, along with the Post Natal Bliss healing bath herbs and the Soothing Salve.

Post Natal Bliss healing bath herbs

How to order:
Email me at blissfulherbs@bigpond.com with your postal address.

9 comments:

Julia Coe said...

This sounds like a fantastic tea! I would like to know however if i can drink those herbs while breastfeeding. I know one has to be very cautious which herbs to use while breastfeeding and i would hate for my baby to suffer any kind of harm from me using the wrong herbs. I assume it is safe but i'd rather double check with you first. Basically, has anyone who used this tea ever reported any adverse effects on the baby? I would like to know that!

treebytheriver said...

Hi Julia, thank you for your comment. Yes you are quite right that it is important to consider the safety of anything you ingest while you are pregnant or breastfeeding. In herbalism we are fortunate that in addition to empirical experience down through centuries, in this page we have more and more actual studies being done to scientifically prove the safety and efficacy of many herbs. This tea is made using herbs that are known to be safe and effective for breastfeeding women, and no, no adverse affects have been reported or are expected. But you are right to check, and check again, and do your own research. Here is one source: http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/herbs_to_avoid/

treebytheriver said...

Another source I would recommend to you is Aviva Romm's book, Botanical Medicine for Women's Health (Elsevier 2010). She has an excellent chapter on herb safety during pregnancy and another one of the safe use of herbs during breastfeeding. The German Commission E3 and the AHPA's Botanical Safety Handbook also provide reliable guidelines for the safe use of herbs during lactation.

treebytheriver said...

Oops! I meant to say, "in this AGE" in the comment above - not "in this page"!

Anonymous said...

I really want to thank you for your wonderful herbs. My friend bought me the Birthing Bliss tea, Babymoon Bliss tea and Post Natal Bliss bath bags and my recovery second time around has been much quicker. Certainly makes it easier to enjoy your little one when you are not in pain yourself! Thanks Julie! from Bek

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for my order. Your Babymoon Bliss tea is incredible and calming and I have had such a great week and am starting to feeling better. Thank you!!!! I think I'll be drinking this Babymoon tea forever and thanks for adding some extras into it to support my liver. Thank you for helping me. Sarah

Heidi said...

This tea was exactly what I needed to nurse me through the vulnerability of the first few weeks as a new mum. Each cup was like a hug when real hugs were too painful. When my husband wanted to help me through my pains and crazy emotions, he would make me some tea, and both of us would feel so much better- me from the tea and him from being able to help. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

I just love all of Julie's teas. I enjoy my herbal teas and it is fantastic that Julie has created such specific teas for all stage. Organic too. I enjoyed teas throughout pregnancy and now post. I intend to consume your Breastfeeding tea daily while I breastfeed my little girl, hopefully for a significant time.Thank you Julie.