Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

Moon Cycle Bliss herbal bath


50g Moon Cycle Bliss bath herbs in muslin bath bag, $10.00
Image by Angela Gallo
This is a bath sachet blend to bring comfort, relaxation and relief to any woman during her menstruation - particularly with younger women in mind, who may be learning to pay attention to the signals their bodies send them and may be more likely to have painful periods or cramps. You feel that ache in your back, some cramps in the lower belly, you feel a bit low or a bit tired - and you know your bleed is on the way. Sink into this warm, comforting bath, let every inch of you relax, and take the time for rest and self-nurture.



Along with the Moon Cycle Bliss herbal tea, this makes an ideal gift for our daughters as they begin their menarche and learn the women's wisdom of the rhythms and cycles of life.

Contains:

Yarrow - helps regulate menstrual periods

Nettle - soothes uterine cramps


Sage - helpful for regulating the menstrual cycle

Lavender - a relaxing, soothing herb to help relax your muscles and mind, relieves pain and tension

Chamomile - a calming herb & helps menstrual disorders

Calendula - eases menstrual cramps and adds a lovely yellow colour. It is also wonderful for the skin and hair.

Hops - relieves pain, relaxes spasm and has a calming effect. It also has anti-bacterial properties.


How to use:
Place herbal sachet in a glass or ceramic bowl, pour on hot water and allow to steep for about 10 minutes. Add the herbal liquid to a warm bath. Or simply place the sachet directly in your bath.

Prices:
25g herbs = $5.00
50g herbs = $8.50
60g herbs = $10.00
100g herbs = $16.00
150g herbs = $23.50
200g herbs = $30.00
Muslin drawstring bag in which to place the herbs = $1.50 small / $2.00 large

*Specials*

25g herbs in small muslin bag = $6.00
50g herbs in large muslin bag = $10.00

Moon Cycle Bliss Gift Pack:
* 50g of Moon Cycle PMS-ease tea
* 50g of Moon Cycle Cramp-ease tea
* 50g Moon Cycle Bliss herbal bath sachet, with large muslin bag
= $26.50

To Order: email melbournedoula@bigpond.com with your postal address, or phone Julie 5966 5980 or 0432 105

Disclaimer: This information is based on the empirical knowledge of traditional herbalism and is of a general informational nature and does not constitute medical advice. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any health condition. Any health condition should be referred to your chosen health care practitioner. Check with your health care practitioner before commencing to use any herbal tea, and be aware of any personal and family allergies.

Another gently therapeutic treatment that is beneficial for supporting menstrual health and womb well-being is the Yoni Bliss steaming treatment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Moon Cycle PMS tea was wonderful. I started taking it when I felt a couple of cramps creeping up - my periods are not regular so I wasn't sure if it was my period or not. I took it about twice a day for a week and then my period arrived. Each time I took it I felt an immediate effect of calming. I am sure it relieved not only the uterine cramping (which disappeared during the drinking of the tea each time), but also some tension in my moods, and also my incessant back pain. Normally I would have painful cramping in my uterus for a few days prior to bleeding and really painful cramping a couple of days into it. This time there was so little cramping I wouldn't have known I was getting my period. My mood was regulated and I found it easier to enjoy the heightened emotion and intelligence that I find often accompanies my period, though is usually swamped by the negative effects of PMS.

So thank you! Not only is the tea delicious, and immediately relieving, it definitely had a positive systemic effect.
- Diane

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm completely amazed by about how quickly the PMS-ease and Moon Cycle Bliss tea has worked for me after only drinking a couple of cups for the second day now, my water retention and breast tenderness have pretty much disappeared! Am going to use the bath sachet on the weekend.
Thanks for sending my order so quickly.