Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

"MumzBumz"





They say that having a baby changes you forever - and you never realise how true, how true indeed this is ... until the day you attempt to RIDE A BIKE for the first time after giving birth. A few years may have gone by since the adventures of childbirth and now this new grand adventure of hurtling down the road after your screaming (and very swift) offspring as they yell, "Look at me! Look at me, Mum, look at meeeeeeee!"

We live close to the Warburton Trail, a 40km stretch of flat track where the old railway line used to be. Folk out here still talk about going 'down the line' when they mean they plan to jump in their car and drive towards Lilydale. We have an old railway wheel picturesqly rusting away in our flower bed. Since dh is a keen biker of old (the physical changes he's now enjoying are quite another topic) and our three girls are all able without training wheels now, we did the right thing like scores of other families up and down that trail every fine weekend ... and went for a bike ride.

20 km later, I was having an experience at least as painful as giving birth. Dang that fandangled machine. They say necessity is the mother of invention and after having the mother of all cases of saddle-soreness, I've realised there is a niche in the market for bicycle seats especially designed for mothers' post-birth bottoms. I'm sure the MumzBumz concept will be a roaring success.























No comments: